Lewis Forum Forum Index

Lewis Forum

Lewis Forum

PortalPortal  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  GBGuestbook  User PanelUser Panel  RegisterRegister 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  StatisticsStatistics  LinksLinks  Log inLog in 
 CalendarCalendar  DownloadsDownloads  Comments to your karmaComments to your karma  ToplistToplist  Recent topicsRecent topics  Voting forumVoting forum

sat out with a sore
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

View previous topicEmail to a Friend.Users who have viewed this topicSave this topic as a txt filePrintable versionLog in to check your private messagesView next topic
shushu

Appassionato
Appassionato

Iscritti

italy
PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019 03:37:53    Post subject:  sat out with a sore
Description: sat out with a sore

NEW YORK -- Pound it into the paint, pound your opponent on the backboards. The Memphis Grizzlies rediscovered their winning formula Saturday, getting 25 points and 15 rebounds from Zach Randolph and snapping a five-game losing streak with a 95-87 victory over the New York Knicks. Tony Allen added 19 points and eight boards while providing his usual strong defence. Jerryd Bayless scored 11 points, including two free throws to end a Knicks flurry that had trimmed a 19-point deficit to four in the final half-minute. "This was going to be a tough one. It is not easy winning here," point guard Mike Conley said. "For us to come in and win says a lot. Hopefully this will spark something for us." Conley finished with nine points and eight assists after missing two games with a bruised left thigh for the Grizzlies, who had a 56-29 rebounding advantage and outscored the Knicks 60-28 in the paint. "Thats embarrassing, especially when you start a big lineup," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said, adding that Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler and Andrea Bargnani needed to rebound better. "I thought that was the difference." Anthony scored 30 points, while reserves J.R. Smith and Tim Hardaway Jr. each had 16 for the Knicks. Chandler had eight points and six rebounds in his second game back from a broken leg, while Bargnani managed just three points and two boards in 22 minutes after moving back into the starting lineup. Randolph and the Grizzlies front line outworked the Knicks, methodically increasing their lead until they were able to build a big cushion with a 15-5 run that spanned the end of the third quarter and early fourth. "It was real critical me being aggressive, getting to the free throw line, making shots. Something Ive been trying to do these last couple of games," Randolph said. "Been a lot of focus on me packing the paint. I was kind of hoping that I could operate down there." Randolph had 10 points and eight rebounds in the third quarter, including a follow shot for the first of three straight Memphis baskets that turned an eight-point lead into a 72-58 advantage. He made two free throws to open the fourth, then Bayless had the next three field goals for the Grizzlies to push the lead to 81-63. Memphis seemed comfortably ahead after Randolph scored in the lane and Allen came up with a steal and basket to make it 91-78 with 3:04 to play, but Smith and Anthony made consecutive 3-pointers to start a run of nine straight Knicks points that made it 91-87 with 25 seconds remaining. Bayless than knocked down a pair of free throws and Allen closed it out with a final basket. "I thought that we played really, really hard," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "Every coach puts up on his board, play hard, play smart, play together. I thought just about every single minute of the game we played hard." The Knicks fell to 4-10 at home, matching their total number of home losses all of last season in 41 games. The Knicks tried to change their luck in home day games, where they had lost by 41 points to the Celtics and 31 to the Spurs in noon starts, by staying in a hotel the night before. They were much more competitive, but far from good enough until it was too late. "Its a sense of inconsistency right now," Anthony said. "We have spurts where were playing great basketball and then we just have spurts where were just dead out there. So weve got to get better at that." Memphis is still playing without Marc Gasol and Tayshaun Prince, but was stabilized by the return of Conley, even though he shot just 4 of 18 and failed to score in double figures for the first time this season. The Grizzlies jumped to a 17-8 lead, but Knicks woke up early this time compared to the previous matinees and cut it to 25-22 after one. Memphis scored the final five points of the half, taking a 50-40 lead into the break after Ed Davis dunk with a second left. Notes: Knicks forward Metta World Peace sat out with a sore left knee for the third time this season. ... The Grizzlies are 0-7 against Southwest Division teams but improved to 11-8 against everyone else.
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!
. The three goals bring Messis career tally for Barcelona to 371 in all games -- including friendlies -- breaking the club record of 369 held by Paulino Alcantara since 1927. The 26-year-old Messi was already the clubs all-time leading scorer in official games. Messi assured Barcelonas fans they will enjoy his goals for years to come, saying "as long as people want me, I will stay here.
. The football club recently announced an increase in season ticket prices in five of the seven categories at Investors Group Field for 2014. While most increases are in the two to three per cent range, the clubs most affordable season tickets will jump from $199 to $250 a 26 per cent leap.
. I kind of got a taste of being able to pick a suit with the draft lottery, I went with the bow tie.
. -- Barry Bonds is all set to return to the San Francisco Giants.
. -- Phil Mickelson will be watching the final two rounds of the Masters from home for the first time in 17 years.TORONTO -- Colin Doyle became just the fourth player in National Lacrosse League history to score 500 goals, scoring twice for the Toronto Rock as they held off the Minnesota Swarm 14-12 on Saturday. Toronto (4-4) took a 7-4 lead into the third quarter, and then outscored the visitors 6-0. The Swarm (1-7), however, made it close by outscoring the Rock 8-1 in the final quarter. Garrett Billings led the Rock with nine assists, while Stephan Leblanc and Josh Sanderson each had three goals. Rob Hellyer also scored twice for the Rock, and singles were produced by Jesse Gamble, Kasey Beirnes, Eithan OConnor and Damon Edwards.dddddddddddd Jordan MacIntosh had five goals for Minnesota. Brock Sorensen and Kiel Matisz each scored twice for the Swarm. Matisz scored his goals in the 13th minute of the fourth quarter to cut Torontos lead to 13-11, before Gamble made it a two-goal game for Toronto. Greg Downing, Logan Schuss and Callum Crawford scored the other Minnesota goals. Nick Rose made 46 saves for Toronto. Tyler Carlson stopped 11 of 15 shots, and Zach Higgins handled 22 of 31 shots for the Swarm. NOTES: John Tavares, Gary Gait and John Grant Jr. are the only other players with 500 career goals in the NLL. ' ' '
Adv

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2019 03:37:53    Post subject: Adv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lewis Forum Forum Index -> Forum di prova All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: